Snazzy Wrapping

Half of the fun of gift-giving is the wrapping. A good wrap job can make the giftee feel like they are the only giftee in your world ;) 

Last year my sister-in-law, Abby, made her own wrapping from brown shipping paper and stamps. It was adorable. I have a hoard of paper craft stuff I feel not great about having hoarded, so I decided to put some of it to use making my own wrapping.

I started out with some brown shipping paper, stamps, and permanent black stamping ink.


More after the jump...

 
I love my caning jar stamp. People can preserves and whatnot around Christmas. Seddy5 over at Clockwork Lemon made some delicious-looking holiday vodka in caning jars this year. By that standard it is a Christmasy thing. I also love formal pattern.
Christmasy formal pattern:
...okay. Maybe jars aren't obviously Christmasy by themselves.
I think the letters make it look precarious and Gorey-like (and festive):
The end result:
I really like how it turned out. I think I am going to make this a regular thing. 
Here is another wrapper in progress:
...and a few more finished gifts:

I hope everyone had very merry and blessed holiday. 

Your Sister in Craft,

LB

January 04, 2011

One response to Snazzy Wrapping

  1. Unknown says:

    Meg! That's me!

    I love your lantern stamp; that one is my fave :)

Post a Comment